MY READERS

Thank you for keeping up with me and my photography.

Sunday, December 20, 2009

PICTURE THIS IN ST. LOUIS

Here is part of my collection of photographs featured on http://www.jlmccrary.zenfolio.com/. The photographs are accompanied by my thoughts and feelings about the photographs.My interest in photography grew after taking a spring break vacation to the St. Louis Zoo. Going to St. Louis was my first time west of Illinois and it was a very fun and interesting time. As I drove westward on Interstate 64 and topping that hill and seeing the arch off in the distance was remarkable. St. Louis and the arch really has earned the title "Gateway to the West". The arch stands on the St. Louis, MO riverfront in the riverfront park. After taking these weird pod-like elevators to the top I got some killer photographs such as ones of the old St. Louis Cards Stadium and the old courthouse. Everything else I could get zoomed in however the roadway was so very far and distant.The reverse photograph of the courthouse and the arch is one of my favorites. The one I like the most is of the arch in the background of the courthouse and the courthouse in the background of a broken down fountain and that fountain in front of a gentleman looking at them. To me its a symbolic photograph how something big can rise from something broken.
After going to the Arch I drove around looking for the Budweiser Brewery when I drove by the new stadium being built. I was out of gas when I notice I was parked under a train bridge, that just captivated my eye. This train bridge had lines and made me think of m.c. escher picture of the stairs, Relativity. I used photoshop to make this dull photo into one that has in my opinion character.
I got to take the Budweiser factory tour, although the day was rainy and cloudy as all get out I had a really good time taking photographs. The buildings look like something like out of Willy Wonka. Eagles sit on top of corners of the buildings guarding the beer like gargoyles.I did not get to see the Budweiser Clydesdales outside I did get to see them in their stables. The facility is so huge that trolleys are used to go to the packaging facility. I also got to see how beer is made and packaged. It was a true "HOW IT'S MADE" tour, except you could sample some good old flavors as well as new ones (21+).

I also went to the St. Louis ZOO! This picture of the brown bear was taken along with others of polar bears and black bears. I love this one cause he is sleeping all contorted like I do. The picture of the elephant was taken multiple times because I wanted to get a picture looking like I was holding him in my hand. I later accomplished this task thanks to Photoshop. This one is just the one I like minus the elephant poo, cause he is standing where you can see his tusks. My favorite animal has to be the penguin.
This picture I find hilarious because the penguin on the left looks as though he has crapped himself and tried cleaning it up but just smeared it into the rock. These are in the outside exhibit while the other pictures of the penguins were taken in there inside exhibit. I could not get a picture of them swimming underwater like I did some fish in another exhibit because the penguins swim so fast. I also love this one of the hippos, they seem to be looking at me almost as knowing that I wanted a good photograph of them!
This concludes picture this in St. Louis but keep looking for picture this in Indiana, picture this in Texas, and picture this in Kentucky.